John Oliver explains how Britain’s new prime minister, Boris Johnson, has succeeded – not despite his bumbling persona, but often because of it.
Boris Johnson is lost. He walks into a bar in Cork, in Ireland, and asks the barman: “What’s the quickest way to get to Dublin?” “Are you walking or driving?” asks the barman. “Driving,” says Johnson . “That’s the quickest way,” says the barman.
Apparently Boris Johnson actually orchestrated the whole zipline shenanigan. Someone who went on the zipline a day later made a joke about getting stuck like Borris. They told the person that if he had really been stuck, the whole line would’ve had to have been closed down and repaired as it could be quite dangerous. He told the operators to stop it, and the media attention and endearment seems to have been worth it.
- The Daily Show: Trump Blames a Slip of the Tongue for his Putin Summit Debacle
- Stephen Colbert: Kim Jong-Un Tests A New Weapon Called ‘Optimism’
- Seth Meyers: Chris Collins, Trump’s Earliest Congressional Backer, Indicted: A Closer Look
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Marshmello & Anne-Marie: Friends
- Stephen Colbert : The First Lady Gets Blunt on Immigration